Why study at the Hebrew University?
- Ranked Number One in excellence in Israel and among the top 100 universities worldwide
- Eight Nobel Prize winners in recent years are HU graduates or researchers
- HU researchers have won numerous prestigious prizes
- Over 150 areas of study are offered, including many interdisciplinary programs
- Innovation and creativity in teaching and research (e.g., Neural Computation, Cognition, Computational Biology, Study of Rationality)
- Four campuses host students from around the world
- Top-level student services, including state-of-the-art sports facilities and student housing on all campuses
- Incredible panoramic view of the 3000-year-old city of Jerusalem from classroom windows
- International students have been coming here since the University's opening in 1925
Rothberg International School
The first program specifically for international students opened in 1956. The School for Overseas Students was formally inaugurated in 1971, and it became the Rothberg International School (RIS) in 1995 in honor of Sam Rothberg, whose vision, initiative, and drive were major factors in the schoolÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s creation and development. Today, RIS has become an international arena, attracting students from around the world. The school has an accomplished faculty, with an annual student population of more than 2,000. Hebrew University brings students from over 90 countries together in Jerusalem to share a common experience. Click here to learn more about Rothberg.
Looking for more information, visit our International Office.