This year, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem is gearing up to celebrate the centennial anniversary of the laying of the cornerstones, with the theme: 100 Years of Knowledge.
BOG 2018 Highlights:
1) Cinema, Cocktails and Celebration The BOG will kick off with an evening celebrating cinema and the Hebrew University at the Jerusalem Cinematheque.
2) 100 Years of Knowledge and Vision At the Dan Jerusalem Hotel we will hold HUJI Talks, with spectacular speakers, where we will celebrate the past 100 years and look forward to the next 100.
3) Presidents Reception: Honoring Israeli Excellence For the first time in history, Hebrew University award recipients (Nobel, Israel Prize, EMET, and more) will be honored by President Rivlin at an exclusive reception.
4) Gala dinner celebrating 100 Years of Knowledge Enjoy a magical evening at the Tower of David Museum, featuring a spectacular interactive multimedia show broadcast on the Old City walls.
5) Open Day on Campus Gain fascinating knowledge from our visionaries, with lectures by our best and brightest Honorary Doctorate recipients and Nobel laureates.
6) Ceremony Rededicating the Cornerstone Friends from around the world will bring a symbolic gift to rededicate the cornerstones, in tribute to our success and growth of the last 100 years.
7) An Evening of Dance under the Stars At the Rothberg Amphitheatre, guests will enjoy a captivating performance by the Batsheva Dance Company: “Decca Dance," choreographed by 2008 Honorary Doctorate recipient, Ohad Naharin with audience participation.
8) Celebrating 75 Years of the Robert H. Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment The closing event held in Rehovot will boast a festival-type atmosphere with live music, dancing, and food. The event will bring together alumni, faculty and BOG participants for an unforgettable event culminating the BOG.
Please register early at hubog-2018.com to guarantee reservation of your preferred accommodations.